Wednesday, 10 January 2007

Family Ties


I finally finished this LO today. All that was needed was the journalling but with Chrissy and all that jazz I never got around to writing it out.
Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with it. I got to use some rub-ons - and my favourite (well, one of many favourites!) thing - ribbon!.
I lived in Invercargill until I was 5. My Nana and Grandad havegone back there to live from Oamaru. Martin got to meet N&G when he was just 6 months old when we came home from Antwerp for Christmas. Simon met them for the first time on this trip (April'05). N&G won't fly so I knew that it would have to be us going down to see them. I am so glad that we did because by the end of 2005, Grandad needed by-pass surgery.
I would dearly hope that we get to see them again in the near future, but I am happy that the boys and they got to see each other on this trip. My husband doesn't have any living grandparents, let alone GREAT-grandparents. I just think it is neat that Martin just might have memories of this trip - and that each of the boys will know that he has the Greats.

4 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a lovely LO and how good to see you journal this way. Your stories will be very important for your family. I just started being a 'life artist' too (I see your link to Ali Edwards' page, where I picked up the idea of being a life artist!) It's fun, isn't it? See you again soon I trust.

Keryn Campbell said...

I see what you mean about the rubons. The ones you've used make the embellishment look very delicate and don't take over the page.

Gillian said...

This is a lovely Classic Page Kelly, well done it looks great..

Anonymous said...

great layout there and I loved the journalling..... I too am a big rub on fan.