Friday, 9 February 2007

Bottleneck!

Hmmmm... I mentioned in an earlier post that I had so many ideas I wanted to get done and that my creative juices were flowing. Well, they are - at least in my HEAD!


I'm not sure why, but it seems when I sit down to do something, I can't quite work out how to pull it together. Might be the humidity, or the heat - or just about ANYTHING!


Last night when my scrapping buddies were over here, I was expecting to be on a roll. Well, it turned out that after getting the cards done that I wanted to have finished last night, I couldn't work on any of the layouts that I have noted! How does that happen??


** There's a white background challenge for the SE forum - didn't have the photos printed as I had only taken the photos a couple of days ago. Maybe I will print them off here at home. Quality won't be so great - but that page will hopefully get done.


** There's the BOM challenge issued by Janine - I'm planning on doing my handbag contents. Nothing much has changed so I know I can do the pic for it - I just NEED to do it!!


** There's the sketch that I know will work really nicely for a few pics I have from a couple of christmases ago.... I just can't quite find the right paper. Think I've got one pattern sorted, but it needs some stripes..........


I know htat there are going to be 101 projects coming up - I'm about to pick up that motherload of photos soon! I just need to get on and DO IT!


So this brings me to the thought of the day that I got from Ali Edwards' newsletter. What is my Personal Creative Manisfeto? A WHAT??! I hear you ask. In a nutshell, I guess I'd interpret it as a personal description on the philosophy behind the creative stuff you do- a creative mission statement. She's challenged us to think about building one for ourselves. After reading this, I kind of had the thought that maybe that is the bottleneck issue for me. WHAT am I trying to create? Who am I thinking I'm creating it for? At the end of the day, it's all meant to be fun and something for me to enjoy doing instead of angsting over whether I'm doing it well enough for someone else to like it. So, I'm thinking that maybe I could spend 10 minutes pondering this idea further. Hopefully at the end, I'll know a bit better and actually get those ideas OUT OF MY HEAD or notebook and ON TO PAPER!


In the meantime, I DID manage to stick the final piece on a layout - so I did complete one last night in the end.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do know what you mean, Kelly. I love going to crop nights but I usually find it hard to get much done. And right now I have NO mojo at all!! I just can't think of anything to do, even though I have great pics, great papers, and even time to do it!

We'll just blame it on the heat, shall we? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Kelly I think scrapping as iut ebs and flows like most things. When I get nto sitautions like that I work on small quick projects. I read scrapping books. Or I work on my journalling for when the tide comes in. I have created a canvas of my manifesto and also posted my manifesto on the forum.

Anonymous said...

eeeks at my spelling. It was spose to read has its ebbs and flows.

Anonymous said...

oh let's blame it on the heat ... (because then we know the mojo will come back when the weather cools)

Roo said...

Cool lo, love the colours. I find making cards has been a great way for me to find my mojo. It'll come back soon.